- Date: October 25, 2015
- Location: Trinity Center for Urban Life - 22nd and Spruce Street
A concert by Al-Bustan Takht Ensemble with poetry reading by Ahmad Almallah
An afternoon of music with poetry selected from the Andalusian muwashshah and Golden Age of Arab music.
Al-Bustan is pleased to have presented the third event of Words Adorned featuring Ahmad Almallah’s reading of a sampling of Andalusian poetry with music by Al-Bustan Tkaht Ensemble: Hanna Khoury on violin, Hicham Chami on qanun, Kinan Abou-afach on cello, and Hafez Kotain on riq. This musical-literary afternoon was well received by the attendees, as we heard afterwards:.=
– A magnificient auditory experience to remember.
– An outstanding musical performance.
– Transcendental in nature and soothing to the spirit.
– Superb musicianship!
– I most enjoyed the musical selections and Q&A session afterwards. The musicians’ responses wore informative.
Watch video recording showing a medley of qudud halabiya by Al-Bustan Takht Ensemble with Ahamd Almallah reading selections of poems by Abu Bakr Ibn Yahya Ibn Baqiyy :