Updated April 16, 2014
We are currently seeking to hire a full-time Education Coordinator. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing educational content of Al-Bustan’s in and out-of-school programs and liaising with schools and community organizations to present and facilitate integration of Arabic language, arts, and culture
- Promoting teacher-ready curricular units to further students’ understanding and appreciation of Arab history, culture and arts
- Planning for and managing of one-week professional development course in June
- Planning for and managing of Al-Bustan Camp, held every July
- Must have completed at least undergraduate degree in elementary or secondary education
- Must have experience teaching in elementary or secondary schools and developing curricular material
- Conversant or fluent in the Arabic language
- Able to take initiative and reach out to work with diverse constituencies, including school administrators and educators, and teaching artists
- Creative thinker who is able to conceive, create, and implement curricular content
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to effectively engage with children and youth
- Highly knowledgeable about the Arab region, arts, and culture
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and coordinate overlapping activities
- Computer proficient in MS Word and Excel
This position reports to the Executive Director. To apply, contact the Executive Director, include cover letter and resume with 3 references.
* * * *
Al-Bustan is seeking to hire a part-time Graphic/Digital Designer to assist in creating printed and online designs for each of our presenting and educational programs. At least two years experience in graphic and digital design projects is required. Knowledge of Arabic language is preferable. Position reports to Executive Director and works closely with all staff members. Work hours can be flexible with about 10 to 15 hours per week. To apply, contact the Executive Director, include cover letter, resume, sample work, and 3 references.
* * * *
Throughout the year we invite artists with a particular interest and experience in Arab arts and culture to contact us. We also invite students or individuals interested in a volunteer internship during the school year or as a camp counselor during the summer to contact us.
• Camp Counselors for Summer 2013: Counselor Application 2013
• Volunteers: Al-Bustan Volunteer Application
• Work-Study Intern during the academic year
Al-Bustan is an equal opportunity employer.