We are currently seeking to hire an Education Coordinator.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- overseeing educational content of Al-Bustan’s in and out-of-school programs and liaising with schools and community organizations to present and facilitate integration of Arabic language, arts, and culture
- developing and promoting teacher-ready curricular units to further students’ understanding and appreciation of Arab history, culture and arts
- teaching some Arab cultural and history content to youth and educators
- planning for and managing of Al-Bustan Camp, held every July
- Must have completed at least undergraduate degree in elementary or secondary education
- Must have experience teaching in elementary or secondary schools and developing curricular material
- conversant or fluent in the Arabic language
- able to take initiative and reach out to work with diverse constituencies, including school administrators and educators, and teaching artists
- creative thinker who is able to conceive, create, and implement curricular content
- excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
- able to effectively engage with children and youth
- highly knowledgeable about the Arab region, arts, and culture
- well organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and coordinate overlapping activities
- computer proficient in MS Word and Excel
Full-time position reports to Executive Director; hours may vary. To apply, contact the Executive Director, include cover letter and resume with 3 references.
* * * *
Throughout the year we invite artists with a particular interest and experience in Arab arts and culture to contact us. We also invite students or individuals interested in a volunteer internship during the school year or as a camp counselor during the summer to contact us.
• Camp Counselors for Summer 2013: Counselor Application 2013
• Volunteers: Al-Bustan Volunteer Application
• Work-Study Intern during the academic year
Al-Bustan is an equal opportunity employer.